This article is Part 01 of article series “SharePoint 2013 Production Farm Deployment”.
We need server operating systems to be installed on SharePoint servers. For SharePoint installation we need to install either Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or Windows Server 2012.
For this demonstration, we are going to install Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition with GUI.
Make sure that Windows Server 2012 Media disk is mounted. Boot your computer through above media and follow the below steps to install it.
1. Please wait while the setup copies required files.
2. Select Language to Install, Time and currency format and input method. In my case, I have accepted the defaults and clicked next.
3. Click on Install now Button.
4. Please wait while the setup starts.
5. Select the edition you want to install. I have selected Windows Server 2012 Standard (Server with a GUI).
6. Accept license terms and click on Next.
7. Since we are installing fresh OS, click Custom: Install Windows Only (advanced).
8. Here you can select the partition on which to install the operating system. Also you have different drive options such as format, etc. Since I have only one drive, I select that and click on Next.
9. Please wait while the setup install windows on your system.
10. The setup will restart your computer.
11. Please wait while the setup is processing the device related operations.
12. Set password for local administrator of this computer and click on Finish.
13. Please wait while settings are being finalized.
14. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to log onto the computer.
15. Type password for the local administrator account and hit enter.
16. It will load personal settings for this user and open Server Manager for you.
17. Congratulations! The Windows Server 2012 Operating System is setup successfully.